Do you want to get more out of your online meetings? Trying with manual notes is a constant struggle because you can memorize everything and focus on conversion! A meeting recording software can help you gather all that valuable information from your interactions with your partners, collaborators, or customers.
Today I explain to you everything you need to know about these tools, how they work, and my top 13 best online meetings and conference call recording software in 2023.
Let’s dive in!
- Online Meeting Recording Software: Meaning & Benefits
- Why Should You Record Online Meetings?
- Meeting Recorder Software: Are They All the Same?
- A Desktop Or A Cloud Online Screen Recorder? Main Differences
- How To Improve Your Meetings Experience?
- Top 13 Best Meeting Recording Software In 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions
Online Meeting Recording Software: Meaning & Benefits
An online screen recorder software is an assistance tool to make an audiovisual and written record of remote interactions between two or more people in sessions, conferences, seminars, classes, or others.
What they’re helpful? Besides enhancing telepresence and overcoming distances, a screen recorder has some key features to get higher productivity.
According to CosoCloud, 77% of remote workers say they are more productive when working from home, while 52% say they are less likely to take time off.
These tools are focused on helping you get the most out of your business meetings by capturing internal and external sound.
So don’t miss a bit!
Why Should You Record Online Meetings?
If you are a business owner, trust me, you need them! A meeting recording transcription software allows you to have more control over the information and content discussed during the meeting. They are here to stay;
Forbes founds that 62% of companies use three or more video calling platforms.
Why? Because when playing and reliving audio and video, you have the opportunity to capture every detail or input and, based on that, make the best decisions for your business. A screen recording software also lets you create on-demand training materials for your employees and even breaks the distance barrier.
To sum it up, when you hit the record button:
- You can focus on the conversation without stressing about taking notes.
- If you miss something, you only need to relisten to audio.
- It improves all your collaboration on projects, as your team can gather at any time.
Meeting Recorder Software: Are They All the Same?
Keep in mind that not all tools are the same, and each offers different functions for your business:
- Screen recorders: this type of software allows you to capture everything that happens on your computer screen, and then you can share it in video format.
- Meeting software with recording features: these tools allow you to hold online meetings with your collaborators and partners, and at the end of the session, you can upload a video to your computer; the software captures and manages meeting information.
A Desktop Or A Cloud Online Screen Recorder? Main Differences
The first thing to be clear about if you are thinking of using a recorder tool is how you want to use it and then select from the two main categories:
- Desktop recording: this type of recorder helps you to take screenshots of all the activities you do with your computer. In addition, you can often include explanatory audios, and your partners and collaborators will be able to access them at the end of the recording stores on the same pc.
- Cloud Recording (online): share information in real-time. Participants only need to access it with the administrator’s invitation. The recording is automatically online and available for download in different file formats.
How To Improve Your Meetings Experience?
An efficient way to capture the most critical moments and points of your meetings is to use the best online meeting recording software. A screen recording session allows users to control the recording of the session when they want to start audio and video recording, pause or resume recording.
Why do I recommend you to use it? With a screen recorder, you can control the format you want to store it (MP4, FLV, MKV, AVI format.), the video resolution, Frame Rate, Video Codecs, and Audio Codecs, and more. So, anyone can use them without much hassle.
Pro tip from Edgars!
When you start recording the meeting, you immediately inform the participants you activated the record button. So you have their consent on record and avoid any misunderstanding regarding their privacy.
Top 13 Best Meeting Recording Software In 2023
To help you choose the right one, I have created my top 13 best online screen recorder software so that you can find your perfect match!
1. Zoho Screen Recording Software
Zoho online screen recorder is a versatile web conferencing solution that helps you schedule and organizes records and online playback meetings. So what do I like about it? First, it offers a prolific audio recording option for video conferencing, screen sharing, webinars, and mobile apps to start and capture the phone’s screen session from iOS and Android devices.
Zoho meetings help you have any reunion without much stress, as it allows external sound to capture exciting content that improves your organization, conduct meetings smoothly, and achieve more fruitful communication.
- The screen recording tool allows you to conduct meetings with 100 to 3000 participants.
- It enables you to record the entire content of up to 25 meetings.
- Only the host is enabled to run the meeting recording function and edit the video clips before sharing.
- The screen recording session starts once you hit the record button and finish when you tap “stop.”
- The recorded video automatically saves on the cloud and is available in the “my recordings” list for download when you need it.
- You can instantly play and share the audio or video at a different video frame rate.
- You can invite to meetings from your website or a blog and upload it immediately.
- It is compatible with mobile devices, so you can record videos from your phone.
- It sends email reminders to meeting sign-in.
- Most of its features are available to subscription-based customers.
- The tutorials are limited and only available in English.
- Free trial: 14 days
- Starting Price: $3 per meeting
Try Zoho now!
GoToMeeting offers an HD resolution screen recording tool that allows you to organize online meetings of up to 250 participants. Users can share any application on their computers in real-time.
What does it offer? GoToMeeting conferencing software has high-definition conferencing and unlimited meetings with colleagues in remote locations. The best? Attendees can connect to a screen recording session from their Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, or Android apps.
- Administrators can start a meeting instantly by clicking “Meet Now,” schedule meetings in advance, or create recurring appointments that you access at any time.
- Attendees click on the meeting link provided by email or instant message or enter the meeting ID received by phone. They can raise their hand, have phone access, communicate via live chat, and even use an external microphone.
- The meeting organizer can share their entire screen or choose only a specific application.
- GoTo file sharing capabilities offer meeting transcripts and unlimited cloud storage, so your support recording is always available.
- The recording option integrates with tools such as Google Calendar, Salesforce, etc.
- It includes a free tool for meetings.
- It offers large-capacity meetings with up to 250 attendees.
- You can share documents in real-time.
- Premium features are expensive.
- The chat is only active during the meeting. You can’t create rooms before your session to discuss details.
- Free trial: 14 days.
- Starting Price: $12 per month
3. Otter.ai Meeting Recorder
Otter is a meeting recording transcription software designed to help educational institutions and corporate companies generate notes for zoom meetings, interviews, and conferences through voice dictation or file transcription.
What’s new about it? Let me tell you, this AI screen recording solution allows organizations to record, edit, organize and save voice notes and interactions in a centralized repository. So let’s see its advantage!
- You can use the screen recorder app to create real-time transcripts with computer audio settings to text, add photo files, and import video meeting recordings from external applications.
- Otter screen recording software allows managers to collaborate with team members to highlight key phrases and edit notes in real-time.
- The whole screen capture application enables administrators to add users to the platform, set permissions, and generate reports.
- Otter web meeting recording software supports API access with Zoom Meeting, Skype, Google Meetings, Hangouts, and more.
- The conferencing software’s key features include two-factor authentication, productivity tracking, automated workflows, and more.
- The great thing is that you can import the information and transform your audio into blog posts.
- I like that it includes the ability to enable or disable subtitles.
- The webcam recording allows you to share files
- The transcript may drop in quality depending on the participants’ accent and tone of voice.
- Meeting loading time may take several minutes.
- Trial Period: Available
- Starting Price: $8.33 per month
Achieve productive meetings!
4. Zoom Meetings
Zoom becomes our best ally during quarantine; I dare to say. Why? It is a scalable, cloud-based conferencing software that provides a space to record online meetings and webinars, file sharing, instant messaging, group messaging, and more.
I like Zoom’s native screen recording for desktop and mobile allows teams to work and interact from anywhere, whether performing on Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android devices. So let’s see how it works!
- With Zoom screen recording software, you can connect multiple conference rooms and add remote attendees with a single tap.
- You only have to activate the screen recorder to record zoom meetings, a red icon in the bottom menu. It will only be available upon configuration to the assigned host or co-hosts.
- You start to record Zoom meetings when a voice broadcasts a message to start the process; all participants know that a recording is about to be made.
- Webinar hosts (up to 25 designated panelists) can answer attendees’ questions.
- The enterprise messaging solution allows teams to share text, images, audio files, and more in group chats using any device.
- Zoom conference call recording software will indicate when the meeting recordings are ready via email.
- I like its interface, which is very comfortable and easy to use.
- Its client support is very reliable.
- You can create meetings of up to 1000 participants, which is terrific.
- In the free account, functions are limited.
- You need headphones to listen to your meetings.
- Trial Period: Available
- Starting Price: $149.90 per year
Fireflies online meeting recording software is a tool based on artificial intelligence to offer more significant advantages in developing your online meetings. It is an intuitive and easy-to-use screen recorder solution with a free plan. Something pretty cool? The tool activates when you invite the bot to your meeting.
The meeting recording transcription software allows you to concentrate on the meeting, make better notes, and ask pertinent questions at the right time. Since you have the peace of mind that the bot is in charge of keeping an accurate video file of everything that happened. Let’s see what it has to offer!
- Its whole screen capture bot integrates with your calendar to automatically connect the tool to your scheduled meetings.
- You can download the recorded files in different audio or video formats, Mp3, Mp4, WAV, or AVI format.
- Firefly’s screen recording artificial intelligence offers 90% accurate transcriptions capable of handling meetings or dialogues from different topics and industries.
- The platform puts the different meeting recordings list at your disposal, which you can search and filter by word or topic so that it is always at hand.
- Its note-taking and transcription options are very accurate.
- You can monitor and manage all your meetings in one place.
- It integrates quickly with different tools such as Zoom meeting or Google calendar.
- The technical support is only available in English.
- The tool does not detect accent differences and can be a challenge in transcriptions.
- Trial period: Available
- Starting Price: $18 per month
Don’t miss a detail!
6. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams screen recording is a powerful tool with more than 75 million daily users. It is one of the best online meeting recording software as it allows you to capture the video call, and every second captured saves in the cloud through Microsoft Stream.
From there, you can share the content with different users securely. So let’s see how it is!
- The free tools recorder allows you to conduct online meetings up to 30 hours in length and transcript the meeting details.
- It has a web and mobile version.
- Microsoft Teams video recording has a cloud storage space of up to 1TB for each user.
- Once the meeting record is ready, Microsoft Stream will notify, via email, that the recorded video is available for download or sharing.
- I like that it is a tool for business and completing the office 365 applications.
- It is a cloud-based solution with a scalable design, so the tool maintains good performance no matter the size of your meetings.
- You can share files in almost any format, PDf, CSV, or XLS.
- The tool can be overwhelming
- You might need medium to advanced knowledge to capture meetings.
- Trial Period: Available
- Starting Price: $4.00 per month
Meet your business expectation!
7. BlueJeans Meeting Recorder
Blue Jeans is a conferencing tool for business e-meetings with excellent support for saving and sharing content, recording online meeting and transcriptions, and text chatting with hundreds of participants. The Blue Jeans solutions record online meetings from iOS and Android devices and various platforms, such as Google Hangouts or Microsoft Lync.
- Blue Jeans supports meetings of up to 200 with the large meeting add-on.
- Participants can share HD content and videos with all participants simultaneously.
- You can send links and questions through the group text chat feature.
- Blue Jean’s meeting recorder tracks all conferencing activities.
- The conferencing software control center provides access to real-time online meeting metrics and analysis reports.
- The recording software features enable the definition of access permissions and the addition or removal of users.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- You don’t need special training to understand its functions.
- It offers you high-quality technical support, which solves any inconvenience in a few minutes.
- Its operation is limited to smaller meetings.
- The access to meetings through mobile devices is a bit slow.
- Trial Period: Available
- Starting Price: $9.99 per month
Let’s have a meeting!
8. Ringcentral Screen Sharing Solution
Ring Central is an integrated cloud-based video recording solution that allows businesses to conduct online meetings from different devices, such as computers or phones. What made it so good? It’s an option focused on maximizing meeting experiences regardless of distances.
The new screen recording option supports collaboration between teams and stands out in the market for its intelligent dashboard that allows you to store content in audio format, establish screen-sharing methods, messaging chats, and much more.
- RingCentral allows you to conduct online meetings via web or mobile app with a capacity of up to 200 participants.
- The full-screen recordings allow a meeting duration of 24 consecutive hours.
- It allows multiple administrators, and each participant can share a computer’s screen and files during the meeting.
- Ring conferencing software assists you in recording your meetings. When you stop recording, the files load automatically in the cloud.
- The screen recording solution lets you set reminders for your sessions, create meeting rooms, and integrate them with other major platforms, such as Microsoft Outlook and Zoom.
- The technical support during the training phase is very reliable and friendly.
- It is a colorful and easy-to-use screen recorder software.
- It offers you optimal access and performance from your PC or mobile device.
- The options for participants in the free version during the meeting are limited.
- Quality may drop slightly as the number of participants increases.
- Trial Period: Available
- Starting Price: $19.99 per month
Let’s meet together!
ClickMeeting is an online meeting software that boosts webinars organizations of any size, from sole proprietorships to multinational corporations. The best part? It’s a record meetings solution that is easy to use and covers the entire webinar process, from preparation to presentation and interaction to follow-up. Let’s see what it has to offer!
- The online meeting platform is browser-based, requires no installation, and is compatible with different operating systems such as Microsoft, android, and iOS.
- The easy-to-use webcam footage interface offers interactive video editor features to make online meetings engaging for attendees and, more important profitable for organizers.
- The screen recorder software lets organizers customize user-facing elements with a logo and company colors to provide a total branded experience.
- Its essential video editing tools are perfect for gathering a target audience to convey knowledge.
- The record audio innovation offers real-time translation in the online chat and automatically sends the meeting recordings to dropbox.
- It offers you excellent basic features for your webinars at a reasonable price.
- When you start recording, you can link and stream live via Facebook and YouTube.
- It integrates quickly with other tools, such as Dropbox and Google calendar.
- The learning curve can be slightly slow at the beginning.
- The recording capacity per meeting is 10 hours.
- Its price is higher than other listed tools.
- Trial Period: 30 days.
- Starting Price: $25 per month
Get started with Clickmeeting!
Riverside is a recording platform that offers the best quality audio tracks and 4K video. No matter your connection’s speed, the recording’s performance does not drop. I like its function of downloading separate audio and video in perfect synchronization.
This solution offers a clean and very user-friendly interface, which you can access from any device to start recording.
- Unlimited number of recordings
- Great editing capabilities.
- Import and export files without watermarking
- 4K+ video quality
- 48kHz audio quality
- It offers you the option to share screen
- Unlimited number of transcripts
- You can share live streams through your social networks (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter)
- It is compatible with mobile devices.
- The resolution quality of the videos is high, you can zoom in, and the image is not pixelated.
- The meeting saves on the cloud when you stop recording, so you can download it in seconds.
- Its “Magic” editor offers several additional features and templates. You can even insert your company logo.
- The free version only allows you to record a 2 hour long video.
- Requires all participants to have a good connection; otherwise, it may freeze.
- Trial Period: Available
- Starting Price: $ 15 per month
Get started with Riverside!
Loom is a screen recording software that offers you two great options depending on your needs: you can film yourself with your laptop or pc camera, or you can film and share your screen.
Very simple to use! What do I like the most? It is a tool designed to help you in a few minutes without complications. For example, you can record simple videos and explain in a few minutes what would take several paragraphs and quite some time to explain in text mode.
- Mobile access
- Sends alerts and notifications of your meetings
- Allows you to make audio, screen, and video captures
- Unlimited recording capacity
- Makes annotations and transcriptions of content
- You can share your meetings on social media
- It has a video editing option, which works in real-time
- Allows file sharing during the meeting
- You can share your screen not just to tell them but show them something.
- It integrates with third-party tools such as Slack, Jira, Gmail, Salesforce, Zendesk, Dropbox, and many more.
- It is ideal for recording tutorials. Remember, a picture says more than words, and the Loom allows you to show your team how to do something.
- If you want to solve a client’s problem using your products, you can record interactive demonstrations.
- It protects the videos you record and allows you to lock them with a username and password.
- You can’t use it for recording online meetings on android devices
- With the trial version, you can record 5 minutes of video.
- Trial Period: 14 days.
- Starting Price: $8.00 per month
Try Loom now!
Filmora is a good video editing program, thanks to which even inexperienced users can easily create videos using the simple model. All you have to do is load video and audio clips into the program. Everything else is taken care of by an algorithm.
The Advanced mode of Filmora offers you all the usual functions with which you can create your video. In addition, the action camera mode serves to edit those videos recorded with unique action cameras, such as the GoPro.
- Divided screen
- Motion Tracker
- Voice to text
- Audio display
- Includes subtitles
- Video audio, speed, and color editing.
- It has a library of templates, filters, and effects.
- Drag and drop option
- It has an action cam mode so that you can make dynamic shots.
- Its interface is very tidy
- 4K video capability for a full-screen experience
- Watermark on the free recording
- The licenses divide according to your device type (Mac or Windows)
- Trial period: 7 days.
- Starting Price: $49.99 per year.
Give Filmora a Try!
13. Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is one of the tools offered by Movavi Video Suite, which is software for creating videos that you can create and share quickly.
I particularly liked this tool because it thinks about inexperienced users. The interface guides you through adding subtitles, captions, effects, or whatever you need with a powerful recorder in more than 180 multimedia formats.
- Intuitive interface.
- Ultimate video editor.
- The full-Screen HD 1080p records up to 60 frames per second from your computer screen.
- The software has well-integrated capture and editing tools.
- You can choose different audio sources (from the operating system, microphone, or webcam).
- You can select a part of the screen or the whole screen.
- It also has advanced tools such as video stabilization, slow motion, and green screen effects (chroma key) to replace the background with an image.
- It allows you to publish to Youtube.
- It is a simple-to-use tool
- Movavi does not freeze at any time during video recordings.
- During recording, you can change the areas of the screen you want to capture with just one click.
- Watermark in the free feature.
- Not available for mobile devices.
- Trial period: Available
- Starting Price: $44.95 per year
See Movavi in action!
Online sessions are a business trend that is here to stay as they can solve many problems, break down distance barriers and impose remote presence. In addition, their essential editing tools help create more significant connections, drive large-scale work and open the door for businesses and their teams to go much further by adding value to taking new actions.
If you do not want to miss a single detail of each of your partners, collaborators, or clients, brainstorming during a zoom meeting, I recommend you try all the screen recorder software presented in this list.
Do you already know any screen recorder mentioned above? Do you recommend any of them that I should include?
Let me know your opinion in the comments. I want to hear you!
Frequently Asked Questions
To record your meetings, you can use several platforms such as Zoho Screen Recording, GoToMeeting, Zoom Meeting, Microsoft Team, Riverside, Loom, Filmora, Movavi, etc.
Yes, you can record your Zoom meeting using online meeting recording software. It allows you to capture visual and audio content and store it directly on your computer or in the cloud.
The easiest way to record a meeting is with an online meeting recording software, download it to your pc or mobile device, or access it through the web, activate the camera and microphone, call the participants and activate the recording option.
To record a meeting on your desktop or laptop, you must download recording software compatible with your computer’s operating system. Some options are Zoho, Zoom, GoToMeeting, and MicrosoftTeams.
To record an online meeting, you must access one of the available tools on the web, log in, activate your camera and microphone and once the session starts, click REC. In most cases, you must be the administrator to activate this option.
Yes, recording an online meeting is legal, as long as you inform the participants that you are registering and that they express their consent. It would be best to initiate the recording by requesting their permission, so you have proof as well.